The dumpster fire that is 2016 has been discussed at length—by everyone from your dentist to all the moms at the PTA meeting. This Year Is Trash And It's Probably Millennials' Fault, says Jaded And Alone Syndicated Columnist. Et cetera, et cetera.
We're all looking forward to kissing this year goodbye, but tbh, there's not a ton of evidence to suggest that 2017 won't turn into a pumpkin anyway. Considering we're inaugurating an actual human pumpkin in January, who really knows how this upcoming year will shake out?
So, in attempt to inject a bit of positivity into this New Year's Eve: let us apply our glittery eyeshadow, slip on trendy slip dresses, sip champagne and sing loudly to some feel-good tunes tonight. Here's to, well, a year. And hopefully a better one to come.
- One Direction, "Olivia"
- The Avett Brothers, "At the Beach"
- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, "40 Day Dream"
- Bleachers, "I Wanna Get Better"
- Vacationer, "In The Grass"
- Devendra Banhart, "Baby"
- Two Door Cinema Club, "Something Good Can Work"
- The Kooks, "She Moves In Her Own Way"
- Who Is Fancy, "Goodbye"
- Oasis, "Don't Look Back In Anger"
- Arctic Monkeys, "Mardy Bum"
- The Beach Boys, "Good Vibrations"
- Mac Demarco, "Salad Days"
- Masego, Xavier Omar, "Wifeable (With Sax)"
- Jamie xx, Young Thug, Popcaan, "I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)"
- Childish Gambino, Jhene Aiko, "I. Pink Toes"
- Zayn, "sHe"
- Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment, "Sunday Candy"
- Childish Gambino, "California"
- Chance The Rapper, "Blessings"